Friday, October 26, 2012

My week around the 'Burgh

The weekend is mere minutes away, with all of it's sleeping in, cooking, reading and haunted tour goodness! (Keep reading for more on the haunted tour - eeek, so excited!)

I kicked the week off with a Publisher class, compliments of the Carnegie Library. I love the class offerings at the Library's PC Center. And bonus, they're free! What a great opportunity for people re-entering the work place or looking to brush up their mad skills and boost the resume. Check out what they have to offer. Be sure to sign up asap, classes fills up quick. Oh, and take an Excel class with Jude - she's a kick in the pants and a great instructor.

Midweek, I joined the soup kitchen crew at East End Cooperative Ministry. I discovered the EECM last week while perusing the interwebs and decided it was high time to add a little service work to my schedule. What a great bunch of people! Interested in giving a little of your time? Visit the EECM site and click "Volunteers". Opportunities include the soup kitchen, but you can also help tutor school-age kids, deliver Meals on Wheels to house-bound residents or help the pantry organize and distribute food to clients. In the words of a good friend back home, do it.

Weekend time! I'm off to enjoy some African food, music and dance at CMU... but first! The haunted tour! Hubs and I will learn about the history of Point State Park, along with it's stories of "mystery, mayhem, mutilations and manifestations". I cannot wait! I'll be back on Monday to tell you all about it.

Pinterest
 What does your weekend entail? Any spooky, Halloween-inspired plans?

Happy Weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome do it...serving is one of the best ways to find purpose and connection. as the good book says those who refresh others will they themselves be refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great you're exploring so much of lovely Pittsburgh!

    My wife and I are going to the annual Khafif Halloween Hafla: http://www.facebook.com/events/269693989803391/

    I'm going as a pirate and plan to play an authentic Irish pirate ballad on my Irish flute! (Last year I neither wore a costume nor performed, but saw so many people enjoying themselves that I decided this year would be different.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But ... will there be a corn maze?!?

    ReplyDelete